Sarens Projects is for the upcoming 3 years involved in a huge industrial building project, located in Antwerp harbor region. On the project site, we will deliver all kinds of hoisting services, as from the smallest lift till the biggest load-out, in a safe, qualitative and efficient way. To reinforce our project connected operations crew, we are looking Crane Riggers.
JOIN THE FORCE BEHIND #NOTHING TOO HEAVY, NOTHING TOO HIGH. As a Crane Rigger, you are responsible for the correct attachment of loads and assist in lifting operations. You keep an overview and have a permanent eye for surroundings, circumstances and possibilities of heavy machinery. Your job as a crane rigger in a nutshell:
- Safety is always top-of-mind
- You will work closely with the crane operator to perform the necessary work correctly and safely
- Daily communication with the team about the duties/ project (crane operators, riggers, supervisor)
- Assisting during erection and dismantling of equipment. (Mobile telescopic cranes)
- Attaching loads: The correct connection between crane hook and load.
- Deploying loads during lifting operations: supervising movements and passing on correct and clear information to the crane operator.
- Moving loads/materials with a forklift truck, aerial platform and/or telehandler.
In this position, you will report to the supervisor. But mainly work closely with crane operators and fellow riggers. In addition, you will be part of big on-site operational crew : riggers, crane operators, supervisors, site managers, SHEQ coordinators,….
VDAB ref THBA
We are looking for an eager team player who likes to roll up their sleeves; A high degree is a nice asset, but at Sarens we attach more importance to the right mentality:
- Sense of responsibility
- Logical and technical insight
- Eye for safety
- Pro-active mentality
- Flexible attitude
The profile requirements:
- General technical & heavy lifting knowledge, with at least 3 years proven experience as rigger.
- Working at heights certificate is mandatory. Other relevant certificates are an asset (forklift, telehandler, aerial platform…)
- Basic knowledge of mechanics and hydraulics
- Solid knowledge of English to ensure smooth communication on site.
As a Rigger at Sarens Projects, you will practice a varied and challenging job, full of lifting challenges!
- Project Based Belgian contract - full-time (possible in a rotation system).
- Estimated time: 3 years
- A gross hourly rate
- Net allowance / working day
- Fringe benefits: group insurance, eco vouchers, year end premium.
- Sarens will take care of your transport and accommodation.
- We will make sure your onboarding process goes as smooth as possible. Clear communication, thorough introduction day, providing extra safety trainings if necessary….
- A chance to work for a top-tier project.
- Place of employment: Antwerp region.